Going to trial is a stressful experience for everyone involved, but it’s important for clients to be prepared. Our attorneys will walk you through every step of the way – but here are some important things to consider when preparing for a trial.
What the lawyer does
Castle Law attorneys are responsible for preparing all aspects of a case for trial, including:
- Gathering and organizing evidence
- Interviewing witnesses
- Filing pre-trial motions
- Drafting opening statements and closing arguments
- Preparing for cross-examination of the opposing party's witnesses
- Lawyers also work closely with their clients to prepare them for their testimony. This includes discussing the client's story, helping them to anticipate questions from the opposing attorney, and practicing their testimony.
What the client should do
Clients play an important role in preparing for trial by:
- Providing their lawyer with all relevant information and documentation
- Being responsive to their lawyer's questions and requests
- Practicing their testimony
- Being prepared to answer questions from the jury honestly and truthfully
Here are some specific tips for clients preparing for trial:
- Assist your attorney in gathering all relevant documents. This includes medical records, police reports, witness statements, and any other documentation related to your case.
- Be honest and open with your lawyer. They need to know everything about your case and your history – the good and the bad - to represent you effectively.
- Be prepared to answer questions from your lawyer. They will likely ask you to practice your testimony so that you can be confident and prepared on the day of trial.
- Be prepared to answer questions from the jury. The jury will want to hear your story in your own words. Be honest and truthful and try to avoid emotional outbursts.
If you are a client who is preparing for a trial, it is important to remember that you are not alone. The car accident attorneys at Castle Law Office are in Kansas City and we are here, right here, fighting for you. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle collision, call us at 816-842-7100 or click here to contact our Castle Law Injury Attorneys right here in Kansas City.