Missouri Tort Victims Compensation Fund Castle Law 2Missouri has recently set aside millions of dollars to provide financial support to individuals who have suffered personal injuries or wrongful death due to the actions of others. The Missouri Tort Victims' Compensation Fund was established to offer compensation to those who have not received the full amount of compensation needed to recover from their injuries or the loss of a loved one. 

Many people who suffer injuries due to circumstances that are not their fault often do not receive adequate compensation to cover their losses and damages. This is typically due to the insufficient insurance coverage of the person or company responsible for the harm, or in some cases, a complete lack of insurance coverage. Fortunately, Missouri established the Tort Victims' Compensation Fund years ago to assist such individuals in receiving compensation for their injuries and losses.

What is the Missouri Tort Victims Compensation Fund? 

The purpose of the Fund is to help compensate people who have been injured due to the negligence or recklessness of another (such as in a motor vehicle collision or a hunting accident), and who have been unable to obtain full compensation because the party at fault (the "tortfeasor") had no insurance, or inadequate insurance, or has filed for bankruptcy, or for other reasons specified in the law.

Who is eligible to make a claim?

The following persons can make a claim against the Tort Victims′ Compensation Fund:

  • A person who has obtained a final money judgment in a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in which all appeals are final, but who has been unable to collect the full amount of the judgment.
  • A person whose claim for personal injury or wrongful death was settled for the policy limits of liability insurance, and those policy limits are inadequate to cover the amount of damages due to the personal injury or wrongful death.
  • A person whose claim for personal injury or wrongful death has been unsuccessful due to the tortfeasor′s bankruptcy.
  • If the uncompensated tort victim is deceased, the surviving spouse or certain other family members of the deceased may make a claim

Contact Our Experienced Kansas City Personal Injury Attorney's 

If you or a loved one have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you deserve an attorney that will fight for the compensation you deserve to cover your medical bills, pain, financial loss, and other damages. You may only need an attorney once in your life, and if you do, we are here, right here, fighting for you.

Call Castle Law Office at 816-842-7100 or you click here to email us.

Kansas City Personal Injury Attorney


Jason C. Amerine
Connect with me
President and Owner, Castle Law Office of Kansas City