Individuals living in Kansas or Missouri with a potential personal injury or workers’ compensation claim can still contact Castle Law Office to handle their case. Those who have been impacted by the COVID-19 economic fallout can still start the process of seeking compensation for damages following a preventable accident or workplace injury.
Don’t stress if you or a loved one is considering filing a claim following an accident. In Kansas, the statute of limitations for injury claims, such as motor vehicle collisions or slip and falls is two years. In Missouri, the statute of limitations is five years (claims that do not result in death) or three years (claims that result in death). There may be different time limits for different negligence cases and for workers’ compensation claims. However, waiting to file a claim could mean less time to negotiate with the insurance company. Keep in mind that the sooner you contact us, the sooner we can start gathering information for your case. Contacting a personal injury attorney as soon as possible ensures that your claim can get filed before the statute of limitations.
Most law firms throughout the nation are working remotely to help prevent the spread of coronavirus. Even though we have had to limit in-person meetings, our attorneys are still working hard to make sure that our clients have the legal representation that they deserve. The impact on pending or potential claims depends on many factors. You may want to reach out to one of our personal injury attorneys to discuss your claim or to learn more about what to expect throughout the filing process.
We understand that these are frightening times for many individuals in the Kansas City community. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you are looking for legal guidance during these tough times. We have the resources to meet your needs. Message us, email us, or call us at 816-842-7100 to speak with an attorney.
COVID-19 Federal Resources:
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Food and Drug Administration: https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-issues/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- U.S. Department of State: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/COVID-19-Country-Specific-Information.html
- Department of Veterans Affairs: https://www.publichealth.va.gov/n-coronavirus/
- Federal Trade Commission Consumer Information: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2020/02/coronavirus-scammers-follow-headlines
- Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html
- John Hopkins University Coronavirus Map: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Our attorneys are prepared to provide you with resources to help you make a decision and will guide you through the entire process.
Email: [email protected]