In Kansas workers' compensation, employers with annual payroll gross of less than $20,000 are exempted from the state's legal requirement to carry occupational injury compensation insurance.

In addition, agricultural employers aren't covered; nor are domestic servants.

Volunteers also aren't covered by workers’ compensation in Kansas, as long as they're volunteering for a 501(c) (3) organization and aren't being paid anything because their services are being offered as a charitable gift.

If a corporation has two or less owners who are the business' only employees, the organization can elect to withdraw from the Kansas workers’ compensation requirements. In order to withdraw correctly, the owners of the corporation would have to file a notice with the state's labor department making their decision clear. After they file, their withdrawal will begin approximately 30 days later, unless a different date is specified in the original notice.

If you have a workplace injury in Kansas, call us today at 816-842-7100 to speak with an attorney that will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Or you can click here to email us and schedule your free consultation.