"Premises liability" is an area of law in which landlords can be held liable for certain injuries occuring on their property.
Slip and fall accidents account for the majority of premises liability claims in Missouri and Kansas. They're typically caused by flooring defects, spills, inadequate lighting, uneven flooring and debris.
Other types of accidents that are considered premises liability claims include:
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Assault or violent crime due to negligent security, such as muggings
- Swimming pool accidents or drownings
- Elevator, escalator and stairwell accidents
- Sidewalk, parking lot and parking ramp injuries
- Park and recreation accidents
- Construction site accidents (including those caused by falling bricks, slabs of wood or debris) that injure any person or bystander on the property or surrounding sidewalk
- Falling trees
Under premises liability law, an individual may be held liable if someone is injured or killed on their property due to negligence or unsafe circumstances. Premises liability accidents can occur on public or private property.
Premises liability claims are time-sensitive. If you've been injured on someone else's property, it's important you contact a premises liability attorney as soon as possible to discuss your legal options.
Contact us today to discuss your premises liability case with a lawyer. Call us today at 816-842-7100 to speak with an attorney that will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Or you can click here to email us and schedule your free consultation.