*Please seek medical attention if you or someone you know has been injured due to someone else’s negligence. Keep all bills and records from your medical treatment, as they may be necessary if you decide to file a claim.
Most slip and falls come without warning and may have lifelong consequences.
Steps Following a Slip and Fall:
- Seek medical attention if hurt or injured
- Inform medical professionals of all pains and/or injuries
- Take pictures of scene including any dangerous objects or obstruction that played a role in the accident
- Save receipt if you purchased items
- Collect contact information from eyewitnesses
- Create an official report of the accident with store manager
- Contact attorney
Many businesses and stores have a duty to keep their premises safe for customers. You may be able to receive compensation for medical bills, out-of-pocket expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering if you have been injured in a slip and fall. Premises liability claims are time-sensitive, so you may want to contact a premises liability attorney as soon as possible to discuss your legal options. Don't discuss your claim, sign any releases, or make any written or recorded statements (other than the initial report at the store) until you've done so.