When you go to the doctor and begin taking the medication prescribed to start feeling better, you trust that the research has been done and all safety precautions have been taken to ensure that this medication will help instead of hurt your health.
Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Because pharmaceutical companies are under pressure to release drugs before patent protection expires, in some cases corners are cut and not all safety measures have been taken.
For some people, dangerous drugs can cause medical complications that are worse than the disease or condition they are battling. The following are some of the serious injuries that you or a loved one may experience following the consumption of dangerous prescription medications:
- Damage to your organs, such as your kidney, liver, or heart
- Brain damage or injury to your nervous system
- Cardiovascular injuries, including blood clots
- Diabetes or other life-altering diseases
- Mental disturbances, depression, schizophrenia, or suicidal tendencies
- Damage to your reproductive system
- Injury to a fetus — possibly including birth defects or fetal death — if you take the drug during pregnancy
- Fatal injuries
These injuries are all potentially severe and can have a dramatic, and in many cases, irreversible effect on your quality of life. Because of this, the majority of people who experience these devastating side effects are eligible for compensation from the pharmaceutical companies.
If you or a loved one has experienced grave side effects after taking a dangerous drug, call us today at 816-842-7100 to speak with an attorney that will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Or you can click here to email us and schedule your free consultation.