This is one of the most common questions that arises after someone has been in a collision. There’s the all-important decision between hiring an attorney and taking care of the legal matters on your own. If you have been injured in a car accident, you most likely need to speak with a car accident injury lawyer. if you file a claim without an attorney, odds are you will get a lower settlement and sometimes not even receive enough money to pay your medical bills. A lawyer can fight the insurance company for payment for your injuries, lost wages, and property damage that otherwise may not have been recovered. 

You may need a lawyer if any of the following apply:

  1. Physical Injury or harm

  2. Hospital Stay

  3. Long-term health issues

  4. Death or critical injury

  5. Medical treatment

  6. Missing work, school, etc.

  7. Emotional trauma, pain and suffering,6. Loss of companionship

  8. Dispute over fault/liability

  9. Multiple people harmed

  10. The accident took place in a construction zone, school zone, or other high risk areas

  11. Inaccurate reports (police report, insurance communications)

  12. Details are complicated (technical, legal, medical)

  13. Insurance problems/questions

What do you do after an motor vehicle collision?

After a crash, it is important to work with the police to file a report, seek treatment for your injuries, and then contact our Kansas City auto accident attorneys for help managing your case with the insurance company. Contact us as soon as possible to preserve your legal rights and to schedule a free consultation about your case.

Jason C. Amerine
Connect with me
President and Owner, Castle Law Office of Kansas City
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment