Semi Truck Accident Injuries

The percentage of large trucks involved in accidents on our nation’s roads seems to be increasing each year. In fact, in 2012, almost 4,000 people were killed and more than 100,000 people were injured in crashes involving large trucks.

Call it a semi truck, an 18 wheeler or a big rig, an accident involving a large truck can have a serious impact on your life. You might come away from the crash with significant property damage and large medical bills. You deserve to receive financial compensation from the trucking company that caused your injuries.

So what should you do if you’ve been involved in an accident with a semi truck? First, be sure to call 911 to report the accident to the police and get an ambulance to the scene if anyone is hurt. You will need to have official documentation of the incident, and the police can provide that.

You also shouldn’t move your damaged vehicle. If there is any doubt about who is at fault for the accident, experts will be able to use the police report’s details about vehicle position, skid marks, tire tracks and more to reconstruct the accident scene.

Second, if any insurance adjustors are at the scene or contact you immediately afterwards, you don’t have to say anything to them. Wait until you are less shook up before giving a statement to either your insurance adjustor or someone else.

In the aftermath of a serious accident, you need an experienced truck accident attorney to handle your case. You are entitled to compensation, and you will need a knowledgeable lawyer who can help investigate if the truck was overloaded or if the driver was being inattentive.

Call us today at 816-842-7100 to speak with an attorney that will fight for you. Or you can click here to email us and schedule your free consultation. We take all cases on a contingency basis, which means that we don’t get paid unless we win the case for you.

Jason C. Amerine
Connect with me
President and Owner, Castle Law Office of Kansas City